Nestled in the heart of the Lehigh Valley is a Seedcopa borrower we could all benefit from at this high-stress time of year. Nickischer & Associates, LLC provides therapy and counseling services, including cognitive therapy and couples therapy.
The mental health counseling center is known for assisting clients with cultivating a brighter future, but it was their own future they had in mind when they approached Peoples Security Bank & Trust about a loan to purchase a building just five miles from their current location.
“Our goal was to not only create more space for our thriving practice, but to also provide tenant space for like-minded businesses, creating a complete mind/body wellness center for our clients,” said Katie Nickischer Friel, owner of Nickischer & Associates.
With the help of an SBA 504 loan facilitated by Peoples Security and Seedcopa, the mental health counseling center now occupies a peaceful and expansive space at 628 Twin Ponds Road, Breinigsville, Lehigh County, PA. Just 8 years after forming her business, Nickischer is thrilled with the 6,682-square-foot location where she occupies more than half the building and is leasing out the remainder.
Nickischer is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Florida, as well as being a Nationally Board-Certified Counselor. Her facility focuses on treatment of multiple mental health issues for individuals and families and is partnered with Manito Life Center, a non-profit organization that provides equine therapy to children and adults with physical and mental disabilities. The two organizations offer additional services for women’s empowerment groups, with a focus on self-esteem, social connections and emotional strength.
“Working with Seedcopa was a seamless process,” said Nickischer. “I was new to commercial real estate and working with lenders. Seedcopa guided me through the entire process, step-by-step, with understanding, efficiency and compassion.”
Key Features of SBA 504 Loans
- SBA 504 loans fund both small and large projects, from $200,000 to over $16 million
- A low down payment (10% in most cases) conserves working capital
- Below-market interest rates are fixed for the life of the loan
- Depending on the appraised value, no further collateral beyond the subject property or equipment is required
- Many fees and costs can be wrapped into the total project
- 10, 20 or 25 year terms
The SBA 504 Loan Consists Of…
- A conventional first mortgage, typically for 50% of the project cost, from a third-party lender like a bank or credit union
- The SBA-backed portion is a second mortgage, financing up to 40% of the eligible project costs
- The remaining 10% is typically your small business owner contribution.
Contact Seedcopa for more information.