Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) is a state loan and line of credit program that combines six different, traditionally low interest loans (although this is not always the case anymore). It offers numerous benefits to potential borrowers.
Any of the six could truly benefit your business.
The original loan programs were:
There are so many different ways to use PIDA. While we outline a few of its benefits below, we always welcome a phone call to discuss your project so we can both better understand your project and explore whether PIDA is right for you.
In general any business is eligible as long as it falls under the categories listed above and has less than 100 employees
Eligible businesses include agricultural processors and producers, Keystone Innovation Zone companies, developers, as well as enterprises engaged in the following industries:
- Industrial, manufacturing, research and development, hospitality, defense conversion, recycling, computer-related services, construction, child daycare, mining, and service
PIDA funding generally ranges between $50,000 and $2,000,000, with total projects potentially exceeding $4,000,000.
Interest rates are very attractive and well below market! Depending on the project, rates and terms can be fixed up to 15 years.
- Lines of credit have a term of one year with a fixed interest rate.
Loan funds can be used for the following:
- Land and building acquisition, construction and/or renovation (along with eligible related costs)
- Machinery and equipment costs
- Industrial park projects where the eventual tenants will be the types of businesses listed above
- Working capital lines of credit
- Accounts receivable lines of credit